St Philipsburg's Underworld

In the underworld, anything can happen. If halos are the marks of nobility in the upper kingdom, then tridents make up the scepter of the reign down under. The constant struggle for supremacy gives birth to the so-called Underworld.. Where would you rather be..

Thursday, March 22, 2007

ESTRANGED A/X, I

"When your'e talking to yourself and nobody's home.. You can fool yourself, you came in this world alone.. Alone.." Then comes the caterwaul of Slash's Gibson Les Paul guitar strung low. "So nobody ever told us baby how it was gonna be.." Axl's trademark voice comes thereafter in a high pitch complementing the variegated sounds of different instruments. These are of course recorded in the studio. This is ‘Estranged.’ A rock song. And I am a rocker so I love this song - a multi-part 9-minute song featuring a keyboard solo, which accentuates the multi-faceted mood of it. Train your ears to the lyrics and you will not understand though an instant appreciation of the music accompaniment shall catapult you into the realm of rock songs. But listen again carefully and you will be drawn to read between the lines. Estranged is a resident song in my mobile and a track on a couple of CDs. At nighttime, it is the music that resonates within the walls of my room – my sub-conscious mind would wake me up from sleep when it plays on the mini-component. Estranged is a part of my life now. Estranged,,,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home